- Financial Therapy
- Coaching vs Therapy
- Amy Adams talks about her bikini body - The Cut
- The newest photos from Robert Pattinson's Dior ad - E! Online
- Pop these pills for healthier hair - HuffPost Style
- Tom Ford chats about his new men's grooming line - WWD
- Beauty products that do double-duty - Allure
- Fake a postbeach glow with these products - Real Simple
- Nail Taylor Swift's electric Summer eye look - The Fashion Spot
- Pick up this product for an even self-tan - Racked
- Get your SPF coverage with these beauty buys - Real Beauty
- The final word on stopping frizzy hair for good - Naturally Curly
Why stop at one layer of mouthwatering goodness when you can have more? Start by learning how to make delicious maple cupcakes that smell and taste downright divine. Next, smother the cupcakes with dreamy homemade buttercream frosting, and, finally, top them off with candied bacon. We like to think of them as the ultimate end to a decadent brunch as they pay homage to a short stack of pancakes served with a few slices of bacon. Watch the video, and then get baking!
From Brandi Milloy, POPSUGAR FoodMaple Bacon Cupcakes Information
- Desserts, Cupcakes
- Makes 18 cupcakes.
Don't have a pastry bag? Snip off the corner of a large resealable plastic bag, and use that to pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.Ingredients
For the candied bacon:
12 slices bacon
1/3 cup light brown sugar
Freshly ground black pepper
For the cupcakes:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups maple syrup, preferably grade B
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
For the frosting:
16 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon milk, plus more as needed
1/4 cup maple syrup, preferably grade B
5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Add the bacon to a mixing bowl and sprinkle with brown sugar, a few cracks of black pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Gently mix together the bacon and seasonings with a pair of tongs until the bacon is evenly coated.
- Arrange the bacon slices on a baking sheet. Top with parchment paper and nest a second baking sheet on top. Press down firmly to flatten the bacon. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
- Allow the bacon to cool, then break into large bite-sized pieces.
- Increase the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ginger in a large mixing bowl.
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar, until fluffy and lightened in color. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until no streaks of yolk remain. Add the vanilla and maple syrup, and mix until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and buttermilk in three additions each, alternating between the dry and wet, and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula between additions. Mix together until just combined.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Divide the batter among the cupcake molds, filling each mold about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes bake, beat the butter for the frosting in a stand mixer, until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar a little bit at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add the maple syrup, and beat until smooth and completely incorporated.
- Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely, then fill a pastry bag with the frosting. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Top with candied bacon, and serve. print recipe
- Miley Cyrus dances around stoner questions - HuffPost Celebrity
- Selma Blair fired from show after argument with Charlie Sheen - Us Weekly
- Kim Kardashian is already smiling - People
- Kanye West's most quotable lines - The Daily Beast
- What to do when you've been replaced by Leonardo DiCaprio - Lainey Gossip
- Usher and Blake Shelton's battle - ET
- Taylor Lautner has this in common with Tom Cruise - BuzzFeed
- Robin Thicke criticized for "Blurred Lines" - The Hollywood Reporter
- Christina Aguilera looks great - TooFab
- Will Monsters University be a smash?/a> - Rotten Tomatoes
- Brad Pitt has still got it - Wonderwall
- Toxic celebrity couples - The Stir
- Serena Williams makes controversial comments - Celebitchy
If there's one ingredient that will instantly elevate a recipe, it's garlic. From wilted greens to platters of pasta, this "secret" ingredient makes food taste complex, like it took hours of effort, whether that's true or not. Ahead, check out six garlic-infused products - from oils to sauces and even salt - that will help you get your garlic grub on stat.
Royal baby fever is spreading as we await the arrival of Kate Middleton and Prince William's baby. The heir to the throne is sure to be gifted luxurious clothing and baby gear, but the tot isn't the only one who will be raking it in next month. According to analysts, the British economy may see a $380 million boost due to baby's birth, and that will mostly come in the form of royal fans buying just about anything that screams of babies and Great Britain - think onesies, strollers, booties, and more! With that in mind, we sought out our favorite British finds for little ones - be it the future king or queen of England, or your own little prince or princess!
Angelina Jolie met with refugees along Jordan's border with Syria yesterday to prepare for World Refugee Day on June 20. According to the UN Refugee Agency, Angie spoke with the refugees and took notes as they detailed their struggles while escaping the Syrian war. While talking with families who had lost loved one Angie paused to comfort them, saying, "We can't know your pain." She later said that the purpose of the event was to draw attention to the flood of refugees coming out of war-torn Syria. Angelina also met up with the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, Antonio Guterres, and toured Jordan's Za'atri refugee camp.
Angelina Jolie's appearance in the Middle East comes hot on the heels of her trip around Europe with Brad Pitt and their children while Brad promoted his new film, World War Z, earlier this month. She walked the red carpet with Brad at his premieres in London, Paris, and Berlin, but did not join him when he left for the United States and Asia. Aside from her refugee trip, Angelina is back in the headlines again after breast cancer survivor Melissa Etheridge called her decision to get a preventative mastectomy "fearful." She later clarified that she didn't mean to object to Angie's decision but she felt that it wasn't a "brave" decision.
Caffeine hounds can now get their fix in Starbucks stores while discovering new music on Google Play Music All Access, the just-launched streaming music service from the search giant turned social network turned, well, agent of everything on the Internet.
When logging into the WiFi of a Starbucks store, customers will see the option (pictured above) to "enjoy unlimited songs while sipping away," then sign up for a trial of Google Play Music All Access.
Announced at Google I/O in May, Play Music All Access is the company's take on monthly subscription music services like Spotify and Rdio. Google Play Music All Access already has a free 30-day limited trial for new users, so really this Starbucks promotion gives people who aren't yet familiar with the service the opportunity to give it a spin. Users who subscribe before June 30 will get a markdown on the monthly rate from $10 to $8.
Are you more likely to try Google's streaming music service if you're able to easily access it while getting work done at your local Starbucks?
Never have neutral colors been more wearable than in the Summer, and community member Jackie Giardina showed us how it's done. Classic white shorts were dressed up with a flowing, jeweled, off-white blouse, while gold bangles and a tan bag added to the crisp look. As for the finishing touches, her tan-and-orange strappy sandals added an instant pop of color, and a pretty blue sunhat topped it all off - literally.
Congrats, Jackie Giardina!
Everyone else, submit your looks, and we just might feature you on POPSUGAR Fashion!
Bill Nye the Science Guy turns 20 this year (as in the show, not the guy - he's 57), and to mark two decades of demystifying the sciences, the official Bill Nye the Science Guy (free) app has just been released in celebration.
Like the host himself, the app is quirky, zany, and full of fascinating science facts. Poke around Bill's desk to discover a MarsDial that reads time on the Red Planet, small Science Guy trinkets (bow tie mandatory), and eye-boggling optical illusions.
The app also features two games and a small archive of clips from the show's best episodes. The Planets and Magnetism demo some of our favorite experiments. Speaking of science investigations, the Science Guy app also has a built-in catalog of at-home experiments that can help explain concepts like static electricity and atmospheric pressure (great for kiddos!)
Download Bill Nye for mobile, give the app a try, and celebrate the Science Guy's 20th anniversary all year long by sending us your favorite moments from the show in the comments.
Learn the Basics For Dressing Up Your Windows Curtains and window treatments may not get your blood pumping and your heart racing, but these great tips make a huge difference in dressing up your home.comments
Home fragrances like candles are one of beauty's more luxurious products, and for good reason. There's nothing better than striking a match, lighting a candle, and settling down for some beauty rest after a long day . . . especially if you've got a candle like Aerin's Sky Flower Candle ($58). Part of Aerin's Home Fragrance Collection, which was created in conjunction with Nest Fragrances, Sky Flower evokes the scent of a lush garden bouquet. Notes of gardenia, tuberose, jasmine, and magnolia mesh playfully with hints of bergamot and bourbon vanilla, making this candle the ultimate buy for floral lovers. And as if that weren't enough, Sky Flower is packaged in a gorgeous box that's more keepsake than clutter. And once the wax is gone, you can use the frosted blue glass holder to house its own floral bouquet, making this a candle that comes full circle.
When it comes to favorite Summer motifs, whales rule the ocean blue! From the bathtub to the bedroom, there are plenty of fun ways to incorporate these beloved creatures of the sea into your kids' decor, wardrobes, and more. Thar she blows!
Aggression in school-age children may have its origins in children 3 years old and younger who witnessed violence between their mothers and partners, according to a new Case Western Reserve University study...
Bullying and suicide among youth are a serious public health problem, a CDC expert panel reported in the Journal of Adolescent Health today. The authors explained that bullying can have long-lasting and damaging effects which can persist for months and even years. Several studies over the last few years have associated bullying with depression. The media has covered the theme extensively...
8:00 The Middle (repeat)
8:30 Family Tools (new)
9:00 Modern Family (repeat)
9:30 How to Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) (new)
10:00 ABC's The Lookout (new)
11:35 Jimmy Kimmel Live (repeat)
12:37 Nightline (new)
8:00 The American Baking Competition (new)
9:00 Criminal Minds (repeat)
10:00 CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (repeat)
11:35 Late Show With David Letterman (new, with guests Jeff Daniels and Ken Jeong)
12:37 The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson (new, with guest Rosie Perez)
8:00 MasterChef (new)
8:00 Stanley Cup Finals (new)
11:34 The Tonight Show With Jay Leno (new, with guest David Gregory)
12:37 Late Night With Jimmy Fallon (new, with guests Kevin Hart and Olivia Munn)
- The CW
8:00 Arrow (repeat)
9:00 Supernatural (repeat)
More TV to watch when you read more.
- How to throw a guest-friendly wedding bash - Love & Sex
- Check out these awesomely creative candy ads - Food
- Sail away with a Summer houseboat rental - Home
- Video: Make your own Isabel Marant-inspired studded belt - Fashion
- 18 things you never thought you could DIY - Smart Living
- See the first pictures from the Veronica Mars movie set - Entertainment
- 5 signs that your lunch needs a makeover - Fitness
- The royal family goes off duty - Celebrity
- The pros and cons of Adobe Creative Cloud - Tech
- Beauty treatments you'll want to get naked for - Beauty
- You've got to see these cats on leashes - Pets
- Fun ways to serve up watermelon for kids - Moms
- Zac Posen talks dressing celebrities and "warrior" Joe Manganiello - Fashion
In this week's episode of Pretty Little Liars, all the parents are either completely nuts or missing entirely, a couple new characters spring onto the scene, and one of our girls gets herself hooked on pain pills. Well, that all came out of left field, but at least we can take solace in the fact that the girls still manage to look pretty cute week to week.
So what goes down in Rosewood this week? Get ready to talk about all the OMG moments from the episode when you read on.
It's finally here! Just hours after gracing us with an epic mustache poster, we have the first full trailer for Anchorman: The Legend Continues. Ron Burgundy and his news team, including Brian Fantana (Paul Rudd) and Brick Tamland (Steve Carell), are back and ready to tackle a 24-hour news channel. It's now the '80s, and aside from some subtle fashion updates, Ron is basically the same: vain, vaguely racist, and totally hilarious. The trailer is also star-studded, and it gives us a peek at the many cameos from the likes of Kristen Wiig and James Marsden, plus the return of Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate).
Even if you're a longtime fan who's afraid the sequel may not be as good as the original, there's no way you can't be psyched about this movie. I laughed out loud several times and seriously just can't wait for the privilege of hanging out with Ron Burgundy again. Anchorman: The Legend Continues comes out Dec. 20, and you can watch the trailer now after the jump.
Ever wonder who yodels anymore? Well, Brad Pitt and Jimmy Fallon, for starters! The talk-show host and his guest, who's busy promoting World War Z, star in this pretty adorable clip in which they have a full-on yodel conversation from different NYC rooftops. They really go for it, and things get especially impressive with their "double yodel." Watch now to appreciate the fine voices and yodeling skills of Fallon and Pitt!