Online therapy (also known as e-therapy, internet psychotherapy, tele-therapy, distance therapy, etc) that works!
This alternative to in-office therapy, is beneficial to address issues as such anxiety, stress, mild depression, family issues, to name a few. Recent article in Inc. magazine outlines research behind effectiveness of online therapy.
Below you will find some of the most common benefits:
For those with limitations:
- Whether you have Agoura phobia, physical limitations or are a full time caregiver, you may find that traveling to a therapist’s office every week quite difficult. Examples such as these are why increasing number of people appreciate the features often associated with technology based psychotherapy.
Location and transportation problems:
- Finding a therapist you connect with and feel heard by is therapeutic in itself. Location doesn’t have to limit you. Whether you live far away or don’t want to be stuck in traffic, therapy sessions online are a great way to gain support. Reliable transportation can be a problem in keeping therapy consistent, tele-therapy removes that variable.
It’s good for those who have trouble communicating:
- Social Anxiety can make talking to new people very difficult. Having a comfortable and familiar environment can make the experience less intimidating.
- This kind of support and treatment can fit into your lunch hour or commute. Meanwhile, traditional therapy can be a little more difficult to fit into your schedule if you have a busy life. Continuing therapy while traveling can help manage anxiety associated with business or family trips. A stressed-out executive who has a family and a demanding career may find it difficult to be present for in-office therapy visits, or a new parent who can squeeze in a session in-between naps.
- There’s less of a risk of running into someone you know or be seen pulling into a therapist’s office for a scheduled in-person psychotherapy appointment.
Likewise we also offer online marriage counseling and relationship counseling, to learn more visit our online marriage and relationship counseling page.