Stress Management & Counseling
What is Stress Management Counseling & Psychotherapy?
Definition of insanity is doing the same thing but expecting a different result, so if your methods of dealing with stress aren’t contributing to emotional and physical health, it’s time to learn healthier coping strategies. In therapy you will learn to:
- Identify your stressors
- Become aware of why certain thought/actions trigger stress
- Learn to manage your life so that daily interactions and events are easier to cope with
Quick tips on how to deal with stress:
If you find yourself in the center of an intensely stressful situation, practice deep breathing through your diaphragm to provide extra oxygen. Another option is to take a small break. Both of these interventions will allow you to think more clearly and get in touch with your feelings. The following is a list of long-term strategies:
- Integrate exercise, meditation and hobbies into your daily life
- Maintain a healthy diet avoiding fried food and incorporating probiotics
- Stop your inner-critic
- Become aware of yourself by identifying your strengths, weaknesses, desires and needs
- Create a support network
- Write down your thoughts so they begin to make sense. Decide on priorities and look for solutions.
- Think creatively — what might another person do in your situation?
- Delegate, share responsibility, and renegotiate deadlines. Often those around you won’t realize how overloaded you’re feeling.
- Prepare for events as much as possible in advance, but don’t try to be perfect, or expect other people and events to be perfect.