We all experience fear and worry, to a degree. However, phobias can cause wide-reaching difficulties and impede day-to-day functioning. Counselling treatment for a Phobia involves working through a therapy program to control the fear.
What is Phobia Therapy and Counselling?
Phobia counselling is designed around your particular concerns and background history. I will help you find the most suitable way of dealing with your phobia/s. Some examples of phobias that I work with include fear of animals, insects, objects, people (social phobia), enclosed spaces (claustrophobia) or agoraphobia (intense fear about being in public places where you feel escape might be difficult).
What are the Benefits of Phobia Therapy and Counselling?
- Understanding the root causes of your fears and phobias.
- Examine the thoughts, feelings and behaviors that contribute to fears.
- Gain self-understanding and Insight, including identifying triggers.
- Develop tailor-made coping strategies to manage your fears and anxieties.
- Learn techniques and tools that are applicable for the long-term.
Issues for Phobia Counselling
- Social phobia
- Animal/insect phobias
- Fear of Flying
- Fear of needles
- Arachnophobia (fear of spiders)
- Emetophobia (fear of vomiting)