- No comments
Experts agree that good quality sleep is important for proper body and mind functioning. Lack of sleep affects our ability to concentrate, metabolism and our mood – more specifically depression.
Proper sleep hygiene includes but not limited to:
- Maintain a constant routine – go to sleep and wake up at the same time
- Avoid naps
- Set thermostat to 68F
- Keep the room as dark as possible
- Eliminate caffein after lunch
- Stop using electronics 1 hour before bedtime
- White noise machines are helpful
- Exercise regularly
- If you have a tendency to ruminate then write down tasks prior to going to bed
Hope these tips help and you have a good nights rest. Feel free to add suggestions in the comments field.
#sleep #depression #mood #therapy #therapist